As the month of Ramadan begins, Student Inclusion invites Muslim and non-Muslim members of the University to join them for a virtual iftar celebration!
The team are encouraging students and staff to take part in the #RamadanChallenge by fasting for a day. All attendees that have fasted or plan to fast will be eligible for a £15 Just Eat voucher! See below for details.
During this event, speakers will talk about the experience of fasting in Ramadan and share a virtual dining experience. You’ll also hear from Muslim student representatives from Bristol Islamic Society, Muslim Medic, Black Muslim Society.
Event speakers include:
- Robiu Salisu, Student Inclusion Officer (BAME) – host
- Aamir Mohamed, President of Bristol Islamic Society – giving a recitation and reminder of what Ramadan is
- Nimra Naeem, President of Bristol Medic Society – sharing the experience of Muslim Medic Students during Ramadan
- Fatima Abdulsalam, President of Black Muslim Society – talking about what Ramadan means to you
Everyone is welcome to attend this fun, friendly and inclusive virtual event; whether you’re fasting or would simply like to learn more about Ramadan and what it means to those who practice it.
What is Ramadan?
Ramadan is the most sacred month of the year in Islam. Muslims observe the month of Ramadan, to mark when Allah (or God) gave the first chapters of the Quran (Holy Book) to the Prophet Muhammad, during which period they fast – meaning that there is no eating or drinking during the hours of daylight.
Could you fast for a day?
To better understand fellow students and staff who are fasting, why not try fasting for a day yourself? All attendees who have fasted or plan to fast will be eligible for a £15 Just Eat voucher!* The event organisers will tell you how to claim on the day.
*Terms and conditions:
- To be eligible for a voucher student and staff members must attend the above virtual event and either be fasting or agree to fast for one day in accordance with the holy month of Ramadan
- Entry is open to University of Bristol current students and staff members
- Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash or any alternative
- One voucher per person only
- Your contact information (email address) will only be used for the purposes of voucher delivery, unless otherwise stated
- The University of Bristol reserves the right to remove or change voucher distribution at any time