Virtual Language Café
Our Language Café has moved into a digital world, with new virtual sessions resuming on 22 April. The Virtual Language Café will run every Wednesday at 13:00 – 14:30 until 3 June.
How to tune in?
Please click on each virtual session below to find out which languages are available and how to join us online:
- Virtual Language Café – April 22 (Wednesday) – 13:00 – 14:30
- Virtual Language Café – April 29 (Wednesday) – 13:00 – 14:30
- Virtual Language Café – May 6 (Wednesday) – 13:00 – 14:30
- Virtual Language Café – May 13 (Wednesday) – 13:00 – 14:30
- Virtual Language Café – May 20 (Wednesday) – 13:00 – 14:30
- Virtual Language Café – May 27 (Wednesday) – 13:00 – 14:30
- Virtual Language Café – June 3 (Wednesday) – 13:00 – 14:30
Language Café was launched in November 2019, and we are delighted that it has proven so popular amongst students and staff. We have enjoyed seeing so many familiar – and new – faces coming to our sessions each week.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank all of our volunteers for their time and commitment, and for helping to make Language Café such a success.
What is Language Café?
Interested in practising different languages or discovering new ones? Language Café is the place to be!
Designed to help students and staff improve their language skills, Language Café aims to encourage fun and friendly conversations. Run by a team of volunteers, participants will get the chance to a practise a number of languages each week (including English).
What are the Language Café’s objectives?
- Help students and staff practise and improve their language skills
- Learn about different cultures from native and fluent speakers
- Encourage integration and inclusion between UK and international students and staff
- Meet people from around the world without leaving the campus
- Gain great volunteering experience – run the events and facilitate the informal teaching and learning of new languages