Webinar – Intercultural Skills and Employability
Wednesday 28 October at 10:00 am to 11:30 am
Global Lounge are excited to support Careers Service as they run their virtual session.
Having a truly global mindset relies on a high level of intercultural awareness and intelligence, and organisations value employees who can work well with colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Learn how intercultural skills can help you to thrive in a global work environment. This workshop will help you reflect on what it means to be culturally agile, how you can further develop your understanding, and use these skills to stand out in the graduate recruitment process.
The aims of this session are to:
- Consider the relationship between culture, values and behaviour
- Understand what is meant by intercultural competence and what it means to be ‘culturally agile’
- Discuss relevance to workplace and employability
- Reflect on strengths and goals in relation to cultural competence
- Think about the opportunities available to further develop intercultural skills
You will be encouraged to share your thoughts with your peers. It will be relevant to both home and international students from all year groups.
If you have a disability or any additional needs useful for us to know about – to be able to support you to participate in the webinar – then please get in touch via email@example.com.
- Event recognised by the Bristol PLUS Award
If you are unable to join the session due to connectivity issues, and have any questions please use ‘Ask a question’. Please let us know in your email, If you wish to speak to a Careers Adviser, so we can set up a one to one telephone or Skype for you.
You will need to register to attend the event. Registration details will be published nearer the time.
- Start time of webinar is 10 am, finish approx. 11:30 am.
- You must log in 10 minutes before start of the session. Please use webinar link to join.
- You must sign in using your FIRST NAME AND SURNAME (please be aware your name will be visible to others) NOT your student number.