- This event has passed.
Virtual Language Café – 22 April
Wednesday 22 April at 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
Our beloved Language Café is now hosted online
This virtual event presents a great opportunity to improve your language skills, learn about other cultures, have fun conversations with others and make new friends from around the world, without leaving your room!
How to join us online
Please click your chosen language group below to join us at 13:00 (GMT).
We recommend no more than 6 people per group, including the volunteer. If your chosen group is full, please visit another one.
We will update the links to the virtual chat rooms a week before the event.
We encourage you to run a quick test 5 minutes in advance. Although any device can be used, we recommend that you choose your computer instead of your phone for a better experience.
If you experience any technical issues, please visit this technical support group during the event or email us at email@example.com
- Please click on of the language groups above
- A new tab should open with two options- select ‘Install and join with Skype Meetings App (web)’
- Save the installer titled SkypeMeetingsApp.msi
- Once the installer is downloaded, open it to run the program
- The plug-in Skype Meetings App should open. Please enter your first name and click ‘Join’
- Turn on your microphone and video using the icons at the bottom of the window
- Open the chat using the icon in the bottom left
- If you accidentally close the window during the call, reopen the link in the email to re-join
- If you experience technical difficulties please join the tech support group or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- At no point will the conference call require you to have a personal Skype account – you will be joining as a Guest
- You will need to be able to access a browser
- In the unlikely case you have a ‘Skype For Business’ account, you will have the choice to join us using the desktop app
- Don’t forget to introduce yourself when you join in
- We encourage everyone to use video-calling if that is possible
- Keep an eye on the instant messenger which might be used during the conference call
- If Skype glitches, please close the window and start again