- This event has passed.
Day of the Dead
Monday 2 November, 2020 at 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Join the Mexican Culture Society in celebrating Day of the Dead!
Guest speakers will deliver live and interactive presentations exploring this annual festivity. The programme of events includes:
- 17:30 to 18:00 – Briefing
- 18:00 to 18:05 – Welcome from the Global Lounge
- 18:05 to 18:15 – Introduction to the Festivity
- 18:15 to 18:30 – Celebrations in San Lorenzo Tenzonco
- 18:30-18:45 – El Xantolo
- 18:45-19:00 – La Catrina
- 19:00-19:15 – How to cook “Pan de Muerto”
- 19:15-19:30 – How to cook “Tamales”
- 19:30 -19:45 – Calaveritas Literarias
- 19:45 – end of the event
Each talk will last around 15 minutes; participants can simply sit back, relax and listen – or get more involved in the chat while finding out more about this cultural celebration!
Meeting password: 387206
The Mexican Culture Society at the University of Bristol aims to:
- Involve the student community with Mexican traditions via cultural events
- Strengthen the integration of the Mexican community at the University via social events
- Promote Mexican culture, history, art, literature and scientific research within the University of Bristol student community.