The Global Lounge offers dynamic, bookable spaces which can be reserved by students, student groups and staff, free of charge. You can use these for things like running events, holding meetings, and social gatherings. Find out more about what the Lounge has to offer and how to make a booking using the drop down menus below.
During the summer, the Global Lounge is open to visitors from Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm, whilst outside of term time. Our 'bookable hours' are 10 am to 4 pm from Monday to Friday.
The Global Lounge will be reserved for Welcome events between September 1 and September 25, and therefore will be unavailable for other bookings.
From September 26, bookings will again become available on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays:
- Monday and Friday: 10 am to 6 pm
- Tuesday and Thursday: 10 am to 7 pm
Please fill in this form to express interest. We aim to review and respond to booking requests within 5 working days. Your booking is only confirmed once you have received a confirmation email from us.
Our flexible event space can be used for a diverse range of occasions such as mingles, socials, speaker-led events, workshops, craft sessions, small fairs, cultural celebrations, film screenings and other engaging activities. (We are less equipped to accommodate performance-led events.)
We can accommodate:
- Up to 80 guests for speaker-led events (if the projector screen and PA are required)
- Up to 40 guests for a film screening
- Up to 120 guests for all other events
- We offer advice and expertise on event planning to help you make the most of your events.
- We have 27 tables and 126 seats at your disposal.
- We can give you a tour of the space to help you visualise your future event
- Technical specification: 1 projector with the projector screen, 1 built-in PA system, 2 mobile speakers, 4 stage lights, 2 mics with stands, 1 built-in mic and 1 lectern, 3 TV screens
- As a little gift from us, your event attendees can help themselves to free tea and coffee
Our offer for your specific booking will depend on the size and nature of your event and will be discussed with you upon booking.
If you wish to book our venue for events which could be made open to all members of our University community, then we’d like to work with you! We have helped numerous groups organise fantastic cultural events from Diwali and Day of the Dead to Lunar New Year, and many more festivities.
We can offer funding, publicity, and event planning and management support.
Collaborating with us offers a fantastic opportunity for you to gain more exposure and take your event to the next level.
As a vibrant and multicultural hub, we welcome all home and international students, and University of Bristol staff. To help us co-create an inclusive culture, we expect bookings to live up to our principles:
- Free of charge
- Inclusive of the UK and international community
- Celebrating all cultures, building communities, promote a social exchange, or expand knowledge
Some of our key terms:
- Space is allocated based on the type of activity, expected attendance and equipment required.
- Your event must be in line with the information you provide in your booking form and any changes to the expected attendance, risk, or activity must be discussed with us.
- You are responsible for setting up, tidying up and ensuring your guests vacate the space within your allocated booking time.
- Please make sure you factor this in your booking time. Furniture and equipment must not be removed or altered without permission and any alterations must be returned to the original layout at the end of your booking.
- You are not permitted to affix materials such as blue tack.
- Decorations are welcomed but must be discussed with the Global Lounge team.
- Catering, external speakers and external visitors must be discussed with the Global Lounge.
- You are not permitted to consume alcohol and smoking is only permitted in designated areas outside of Senate House.
- If you wish to cancel your booking let us know at least 2 working days or as soon as possible.
- Please also contact us if you are running late as we might not be able to extend your booking.
- Bookings from outside of the University community are not accepted.
Before you book, please read our full booking terms and conditions.